Argyll & Highlands Tour Highlights
- Loch Lomond (Luss Conservation Village)
- Rest & Be Thankful
- Inveraray Castle
- Kilmartin Glen. ( Dunnadd Fort)
- Oban (Whisky Distillery Optional)
Argyll and West Highlands Tour from Glasgow
Day 1– Highlights will include:-
- A stunning scenic journey to the “Bonnie” banks of Loch Lomond.
- The picturesque conservation village of Luss.
- Spectacular drive over the dramatic ” Rest and be Thankful“
- the charming highland town of Inveraray, and it’s ” fairytale” castle home of the Duke of Argyll, Chief of the Clan Campbell.
- Time here to wander along the towns narrow back streets or perhaps lunch at the popular 250 yr old George Hotel.
- We then follow the shores of Loch Fyne.
- Kilmartin Glen, one of the most important Neolithic and Bronze Age, sites in Scotland.
- Time here to explore the ancient fortress of Dunnadd, Neolithic stone circles and burial cairns,
- We then make our way to the attractive fishing port of Oban, where we will stay overnight.
Note- Oban, has a selection of wonderful seafood restaurants and traditional bars to enjoy in the evening.
Day 2– Leaving Oban behind this morning, today’s highlights will include:-
- The iconic Castle Stalker.
- We then journey to the spectacular natural beauty of Glencoe, Scotland’s most famous valley. Time here to marvel at the spectacular high mountains and learn the tragic tales of Glencoe’s bloody past.
- We then travel through the wide expense of Rannoch Moor and the scenic Bridge of Orchy mountains.
- After making a rest stop at the popular Green Welly, we continue south passing through the pretty highland village of Crianlarich,
- We will view The Falls of Falloch, and a photo stop at the iconic Drover’s Inn, before making our way along the banks of Loch Lomond, but from a different prospective.
We will then arrive at your accommodation. and sadly say our fond farewells.