- Stirling Castle.
- The Isle of Skye.
- Loch Ness.
- Dunkeld Cathedral
Edinburgh to the Highlands and Isle of Skye Tour Itinerary
The Isle of Skye is one of the largest and, possibly the most famous, islands in Scotland. It is an island of contrasts – from prehistoric sites to impressive brooding castles, from towering mountains to stunning coastlines and from pretty harbours to lush gardens and forests.
It is home to some of Scotland’s most iconic landscapes, dramatic scenery and captivating history – Skye will leave a lasting impression on you.
Added to all of this you have the island’s own Whisky distillery, some great places to eat and drink, craft businesses at every turn and it’s easy to see why people from all over the world want to visit this most enchanting place. So, what can you expect to see on your Edinburgh to the Highlands and Isle of Skye Tour….
The Isle of Skye tour is also available from Glasgow
- The Kelpies, the largest equine sculptures in the world.
- The magnificent Stirling Castle.
- Rob Roy’s grave, Scotland’s 18th-century highland hero.
- The dramatic Falls of Dochart.
- The spectacular natural beauty of Rannoch Moor and Glencoe.
- Our base for tonight is the Highland town of Fort William.
- We will stop at the magnificent Glenfinnan Viaduct and maybe catch a glimpse of the Jacobite Steam train (The Harry Potter Train) as it travels to Mallaig.
- We follow the ‘Road to the Isles’ taking in the beaches at Morar and Arisaig with their unrivalled views of The Small Isles of Canna, Muck, Eigg, and Rum.
- At Mallaig we will catch the short ferry ‘Over the sea to Skye’ as the song goes.
- The Isle of Skye – the first stop is the Talisker Distillery for a tour and a taste of the amber nectar.
- If whisky is not your thing, you can visit the Fairy Pools at Glen Brittle.
- The isle of Skye capital, Portree, with its attractive harbour – our base for the next two nights.
- Isle of Skye Tour highlights will include;-
- The imposing Cuillin Mountain Range which is visible from most parts of the island.
- Drive the spectacular Trotternish Peninsula with wonderful views and dramatic pinnacle landscapes.
- The ‘Old Man of Storr’
- Kilt Rock
- Photo stops at the spectacular lunar landscape of the Quirang and the beautiful miniature landscape of the Fairy Glen.
- Dunvegan Castle.
- The 2000 yr old Dun Beag Broch.
- We depart the island over the Skye Bridge.
- We stop at the world famous Eilean Donan Castle with plenty of time for photo opportunities and a tour.
- Through the beautiful Glenshiel Mountains to the enchanting Loch Ness with its famous resident ‘Nessie’ ( option here to enjoy a 1 hour boat trip on Loch Ness)
- Inverness – the capital of the Highlands for our overnight stop
- Continuing south we journey through the stunning Cairngorm Mountain Range ( option here of a whisky tour at Dalwhinnie distillery) and into the beautiful Perthshire Highlands.
- Visit the pretty Victorian town of Pitlochry, and wander along the towns quaint high street and traditional gift shops.
- Experience a lovely woodland walk to the spectacular The Hermitage Waterfall, then from here visit the ancient grounds of the beautiful 13th century Dunkeld Cathedral.
Finally we make our way back to your accommodation where we sadly say our fond farewells.