Day Tour from Edinburgh Highlights
- Rosslyn Chapel
- Edinburgh’s Royal Mile
- Edinburgh Castle
- Palace of Holyrood
Day Tour from Edinburgh – Rosslyn Chapel, Edinburgh Castle and the Royal Mile Itinerary
The village of Roslin, where the chapel is located, lies just seven miles south of Edinburgh. This will our first port of call before returning to the city around lunchtime.
During your visit to Rosslyn, you will have the chance to:-
- Explore the excellent interactive Rosslyn Chapel visitor centre with wonderful views over the glen
- Examine the thousands of ancient carvings that adorn the chapel walls, ceilings and pillars
- Uncover the myths and legends of the Knights Templar and the ‘Holy Grail’
- Visit the mostly ruins of Rosslyn Castle.
Returning to Edinburgh, your friendly driver/guide will help you discover the many highlights of this fascinating city. This will include historic landmarks, cobbled streets, stunning vistas and a captivating and colourful history. Much of the city is best discovered on foot. So you will have some free time during your tour to explore the Royal Mile. In the afternoon you will meet up with your guide.
Edinburgh highlights include:-
- The impressive medieval Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the skyline
- The historic Royal Mile
- The striking St. Giles Cathedral, sometimes regarded as the ” Mother Church of Presbyterianism”
- The magnificent 16th century Palace of Holyrood, the official residence of Royal Monarchs, including Mary Queen of Scots
- The newly constructed Scottish Parliament building
- Magnificent panoramic vistas of Edinburgh’s old town from Arthur’s Seat
- The Parthenon – one of the most striking monuments in Edinburgh located on Carlton Hill.
View our other Day Tours from Edinburgh