Edinburgh Shore Excursion Highlights
- Rosslyn Chapel
- Edinburgh Castle
- The Royal Mile
- St. Giles Cathedral
- The Palace of Holyrood
Edinburgh Shore Excursion Itinerary
On this Edinburgh shore excursion, you will be met at port by your very own private driver/guide. We will then drive seven miles south of Edinburgh to the village of Roslin. This is where the world famous chapel is located. After Roslin, we will return to the city around lunchtime.
Rosslyn Chapel highlights include:-
- Explore the excellent interactive visitor centre which has wonderful views over the glen.
- Examine the thousands of ancient carvings that adorn the chapel walls, ceilings and pillars.
- Uncover the myths and legends of the Knights Templar and the ‘ Holy Grail’.
- We will also visit the impressive ruins of Rosslyn Castle.
We will then return to Edinburgh. Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will help you discover the many highlights of this fascinating city. We will visit historic landmarks, cobbled streets, stunning vistas and take in a captivating colourful history.
Much of the city is best discovered on foot. You will have free-time during your shore excursion to explore the delights of the Royal Mile and perhaps purchase those last minute souvenirs.
Edinburgh highlights include:-
- The impressive medieval Edinburgh Castle, which dominates the skyline.
- The historic Royal Mile.
- The striking St. Giles Cathedral, sometimes regarded as the ” Mother Church of Presbyterianism”.
- The magnificent 16th century Palace of Holyrood. This was the official residence of the Royal Monarchs, including Mary Queen of Scots.
- The newly constructed Scottish Parliament Building.
- Magnificent panoramic vistas of Edinburgh’s old town from Arthur’s Seat and The Parthenon. The Parthenon is one of the most striking monuments in Edinburgh and is located on Carlton Hill
This is a fantastic introduction to Edinburgh for those short of time but seeking to visit as much as possible with an expert private guide. If you would like to visit somewhere not included in the above, just contact us. We will tailor your shore excursion around your wishes.
View our other Edinburgh Shore Excursions