Highlands and Isle of Skye Tour Highlights
- Loch Lomond.
- Isle of Skye.
- Loch Ness.
- Dunkeld Cathedral.
Glasgow to the Highlands and Isle of Skye Tour Itinerary
Home to some of Scotland’s most iconic landscapes, dramatic scenery and captivating history, our Highlands and Skye Tour from Glasgow will leave a lasting impression on you. The largest island in Scotland, Skye is one of contrasts. From prehistoric sites to impressive brooding castles, towering mountains to stunning coastline, pretty harbours to lush gardens and forests. Add to that, the island’s own Whisky distillery, some great places to eat and drink, craft businesses at every turn and it’s easy to see why people from all over the world come to visit this most enchanting place. So here is what you can expect to see, as you leave Glasgow on your Highlands and Skye Tour:-
This Isle of Skye Tour is also available from Edinburgh
- A stunning, scenic journey to the “Bonnie” banks of Loch Lomond.
- Explore the picturesque village of Luss.
- The iconic Drovers Inn, ( voted pub of the year in 1706) and the pretty Falls of Falloch waterfall.
- Rannoch Moor
- Glencoe, one of Scotland’s most dramatic landscapes.
- Fort William, the pretty Highland town and our evening stay.
- Visit the magnificent Glenfinnan Viaduct, perhaps spotting the Jacobite Steam train (The Harry Potter Train) as it travels to Mallaig.
- We’ll follow the ‘Road to the Isles’ taking in the beaches at Morar and Arisaig with their unrivalled views of The Small Isles of Muck, Eigg, Rum and Canna.
- At Mallaig we will catch the short ferry ‘Over the sea to Skye’.
- Arriving on the Isle of Skye, the first stop is Talisker Distillery for a tour and a wee dram. (Alternatively, you can visit the fairy pools at Glen Brittle)
- Portree, with its attractive harbour, is our base for the next two nights.
- Skye tour highlights will include;-
- The imposing Cuillin Mountain Range – visible from most parts of the island.
- The spectacular Trotternish Peninsula with wonderful views of dramatic pinnacles – ‘Old Man of Storr’, Kilt Rock and The Quirang Fairy Glen, Dunvegan Castle and a 2,000 yr old Dun Beag Broch.
- Leaving the island by way of the Skye Bridge.
- Visit the world famous Eilean Donan Castle with plenty of time for photo opportunities and a tour.
- Travel through the beautiful Glenshiel Mountains.
- Enchanting Loch Ness with its famous resident ‘Nessie’.
- Inverness for our overnight stay
- Heading south we will journey through the Cairngorm Mountain Range and into Perthshire.
- Stop at the pretty Victorian town of Pitlochry.
- We may also stop at The Hermitage waterfall or Dunkeld Cathedral if time permits.
We head back to your accommodation where we sadly say our fond farewells.
View more Highlands & Isle of Skye Tours from Glasgow