- Midhope Castle. ( Lallybroch)
- Hopetoun House. ( the stately home of the Duke of Sandringham)
- Blackness Castle. ( Fort William headquarters of ” Black Jack” Randall
- Culross Village. ( Cranesmuir)
- Linlithgow Palace. ( set of Wentworth Prison)
- Doune Castle (Castle Leoch)
- Stirling Castle. ( photo stop)
Outlander Locations Day Tour Itinerary
Starting in Glasgow or Edinburgh, the Outlander day tour highlights will include:
- A stop at the impressive stately home, Hopetoun House, ‘home’ of the Duke of Sandringham
- Midhope Castle, a 16thCentury tower house, featured as Lallybroch, Jamie’s family home. ( note- interior not open to the public)
- Blackness Castle the fictional location of Fort William and “Black Jack” Randells headquarters
- A photo stop at Linlithgow Palace, where Jamie met his fate at Wentworth prison
- Doune Castle, portrayed as Castle Leoch the fictional seat of Clan MacKenzie
- The picturesque village of Culross which poses as Cranesmuir.
- photo stop at Stirling Castle.
We’ll also include a photo stop at the magnificent Stirling Castle, childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots and one of the largest and most important castles in Scotland.